Hello hello hello. It’s GORGEOUS in my corner of the world right now, sunny and 65 degrees! The past week has been crazy hectic and I don’t see it slowing down any time soon, but I’m glad I found a quick moment to reply to your letter.
Like you, I am very excited for this journey, and I have a feeling our letters, stories, jokes, and opinions will only get better as time goes on. We have a lot of e x c i t i n g things coming our way that I have no doubt will lead to philosophical discussions on the meaning of life and to funny, embarrassing, and gut busting anecdotes.
This beautiful weather has me thinking a lot about summer, and I cannot wait for it to be here. In order to keep my excitement in check, I made a list of all the things I am most excited for this summer:
- LONDON – I can neither confirm nor deny that I’ve been listening exclusively to British classic rock in preparation for my London summer adventure
- ICE CREAM – We eat a lot of ice cream to begin with, but copious ice cream consumption is deemed socially acceptable in the summertime.
- WARM WEATHER- It’s warm right now, but tomorrow there could be ten inches of snow on the ground. I prefer consistency.
- ALASKA – What can I say, this summer’s travel itinerary rocks! Also, did someone say whale watching?
- YOU – I’ll get to spend a whole week with you (and M.J. Gavin, Momaroo, Gramsicle, et al.) and we’ll be on a boat (woot woot!)
- BOOOOOOKS – Something about summertime reading is just magical
- DOGS – I miss all the puppers while I’m away, but I’ll get to hang out with Bubba for a few weeks in May
- SHORTS – and t-shirts and anything that is not a sweater or a coat.
- LONDON – I feel like this needs to be listed twice (also ALASKA)
(For the record, I made this a nine point list because I like square numbers.)
This week I read Five Point Someone: What Not To Do at IIT by Chetan Bhagat. I have some criticisms of it, but I think it’s worth reading. There is also a Bollywood movie called 3 Idiots based off the book. I watched it Friday, and I’ve had the soundtrack stuck in my head ever since (~ zoobi doobi zoobi doobi ~).